Saturday, August 6, 2011

Flappetty Flap Flap...

Whoooosh! What a time to write a blog post... perhaps not the best, but as always, avec moi... it's a tad overdue!

In two weeks today we shall be in London at Riverside Studios performing the premiere of The Third Policeman... soooo two weeks left to finish making and within that two weeks, one week of rehearsals. Should be marvellous but I do tend to get myself into many a pickle, whether it be branston or piccalilli... I am in fact the queen of pickles!

I made them with a flap at the top, so they are more like envelopes.

Par example... I have had a lovely day out with the kids, wandering around the busy market, preparing for Talulah's birthday next week and thinking of the treats we can put into the party bags together.

I've had a load of sheets of pretty wrapping paper around the house, waiting for things to be made with it... so thought... we should make the party bags!

So that was all marvellous...

So we get home after a long day out and I go on my new shiny, sparkling netbook to get this blog post underway... but from the word go (since yesterday when it arrived) it has crashed literally every five minutes and goes soooo extremely slow that I feel like stamping on it and chucking it out the window, into the paddling pool.

Thankfully the Mr is trying to sort it out for me... but it's just occurred to me...

Normally at my kid's parties I am flapping like a fish out of water. I worry about this, get stressed about that, wonder if it's all ok, people are enjoying themselves, it's going well, etc etc... but right now with this mini-hell-maker-netbook-twatty-thing, I keep passing the few party bags we have made and instantly feel satisfied and glad that I am preparing in advance... and forgot about the ever-so-annoying-netbook.

So to keep oneself becoming well and truly pickled... I just have to keep up making nice things and having lovely days with my kids and friends and Mr.


I love pretty wrapping paper.

I've recently borrowed a book from the library of paper crafts, which is making all my making senses stand on end. And an Eco-craft book for kids, I borrowed from a friend recently. I'm even buying wool again and knitting away. It's all good. Pure kid in a sweet shop syndrome.


One thing I was quite ecstatic about today was finding my nose stud...


I know... extremely cheesy... but possibly bordering ecstatic, non?

It had been knocked and flung out of my nose at quite a force in the Mr's workshop entrance about a month ago and I haven't been back since until today. After looking around for a while with the kids I finally found it! You see, no normal nose studs do the job as they easily fall apart and get lost, but this trusty one (although it has been lost many a time) is actually an earring with the stem bent, to stay in the nose.

Not sure this is the most fascinating topic for my blog... but oh well... there you have it.

I've got lots more to show you lot. Including the next mask, which is indeed finished...

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Making stuff always makes the bad go away!

Unknown said...

Making stuff is great - and congratulations on finding the nose stud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...